Flexisorb OD-120ZnR is an anionic Zinc Ricinoleate product which can be used to produce odor binding sprays for air and textile surfaces. It can be a stand-alone product or an additive to enhance the deodorizing effect for fabric and hard surface cleaning formulations. Flexisorb OD-120ZnR is readily dilutable in DI water and maintains clarity. This product is acceptable for spray and aerosol applications.
Derived from castor oil, Flexisorb OD-120ZnR has 63% biobased content.
Traps and Absorbs Odors
Flexisorb OD-120ZnR traps and binds many odor-causing substances. This zinc salt product forms unique fixating complexes that are specific to the odor-causing material. The mechanism for the odor fixation is a complicated combination of adsorption, complex formation, and in some instances a chemical formation such as mercaptans to mercaptides.
This renewably sourced product is a concentrated chelate-free zinc salt dispersion which readily dilutes in water. It maintains excellent clarity and solubility in water dilutions of 10-20%. Volatile clarifying solvents are not required with Flexisorb OD-120ZnR. Many fragrance and essential oils can be pre-dissolved in Flexisorb OD-120ZnR, and then easily dispersed in water. This odor absorber effectively binds and neutralizes a wide range of odorous compounds. It captures odors associated with humans, animals, food, chemical processes, and smoke as well as binding with organic waste and decomposition odors. Flexisorb OD-120ZnR is also effective against smelly acids, amines, mercaptans, thiethers, hydrogen sulfide, and ammonia.
- Refer to the Flexisorb OD-120ZnR Technical Data Sheet for starting point formulation recommendations for a Ready-to-Use Odor Absorber
- Order of Addition is very important
- Use of deionized water is recommended for dilution
- Dilutions of 10-20% in DI water are recommended for clear, stable solutions
- Dilutions of <10% require stabilizers such as Flexisurf LDP & sodium citrate, and a pH of 9
- Many fragrance and essential oils can be pre-dissolved in Flexisorb OD-120ZnR and then easily be dispersed in DI water, while some fragrance oils may require their own emulsification package
- Addition of a preservative is recommended
- Contact ICT regarding other formulation questions
- Stand-alone odor control agent
- Air spray to bind & neutralize odors
- Fabric spray to bind & neutralize odors
- Odor-binding additive for fabric cleaning formulations
- Odor-binding additive for hard surface cleaning formulations
- Bathroom and shower room cleaners
- Cleaners for kitchen and food storage areas
- Automotive, RV, and boat cleaning formulations
- Litter and litter boxes
- Sewage plants and landfills
- Paper plants
For More Information or Samples, Contact ICT at email@example.com or by calling 770-607-9340.
Subscribe to our RSS blog feed. Add https://ictchemicals.com/blog/rss to your RSS reader.