February 24, 2018
Subject: Transition to C6 and shorter chain fluorochemical technologies
Attached are summary points related to the transition from the traditional mixed C8-C14 (long chain technologies) to C6 and shorter chains.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is taking steps, with industry support, which will likely lead to future phase-out of the C8-C14 long chain technologies and a transition to C6 and shorter chain technologies.
- As the industry moves to C6 and shorter chain technologies, the availability of the long chain traditional intermediates we use will be significantly reduced.
- ICT will continue to process long chain intermediates into finished goods for use in existing applications until inventories of long chain intermediates have been depleted.
- “Theta” branded, C6 products have already replaced long chain products for the majority of our business. We are working with our customers that remain on C8-C14 technologies to help them move to our C6 and shorter technologies.
- If you need additional time to transition from long chain to short chain products, we will supply current long chain products as long as supplies last.
If you have questions regarding this communication or would like additional information, please contact your ICT sales representative.
103 Walnut Grove Road, Cartersville, GA 30120
Phone: 770-607-9340 Fax: 770-607-9341